Fibre first broadband, otherwise known as Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) is a fast growing solution that offers an affordable way to get fibre to your business. The new technology backed by the government outputs incredible speeds in comparison to its Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) counterpart. It is expected that 85% of businesses in the UK will have Fibre First implemented by 2020 and with another major roll-out on the way, there’s never been a better time to get it installed in your business.
What is Fibre First?
Fibre First is a new super-fast broadband service that uses optical fibre to deliver data to the end user. You may have heard the terms “last mile” or the “last loop” being used quite frequently when discussing fibre. This describes the last part of the network, between the distribution point and the business premise. Prior to recent times, this last transfer occurred via FTTC copper wires. This reduced bandwidth and speed of transmission. In a world where speed is everything, this has left businesses tearing their hair out.
With FTTP, the old fashioned copper infrastructure is replaced with fibre. This can carry much more data over longer distances than FTTC, enabling much faster transmission speeds between the router and the network. This means instead of getting speeds of up to 76Mbps, you can now enjoy up to a whopping 330Mbps – so you can do business quicker than ever before.
Benefits of FTTP
Despite the obvious reasons like replacing old, wearing infrastructure and increasing speeds, there are plenty of other reasons you should be getting on board.
- Say Bye to Boring Buffering – With FTTP, you’re always on – no waiting, no drop-outs and no buffering, just great performance.
- Cut the Cost – FTTP is almost 6x cheaper than adopting a leased line solution with the same speeds. It’s a no brainier really.
- Always on Your Side – The great thing about FTTP is it is extremely powerful and resilient. And because it doesn’t degrade like copper, it’ll never let you down.
- Ready to Rock and Roll – No matter what device, you’ll always be connected. The big bandwidth means you’ll be an online King/Queen.
- Forever and Ever – You will not only get better speeds now, but in the future too! Because fibre speeds are future-proof, speeds will increase as technology improves.
What about install?
If you’re worrying about the headache of introducing Fibre First to your business, STOP. It’s relatively easy to have fibre installed and takes less time than you think. After a quick survey of the property, two visits will be made to install the connection boxes. The first will bring the closest fibre connection near to you and the second will bring that connection into the business. Once all internal equipment is installed, the fibre is activated and within a matter of weeks you’re good to go!
So what are you waiting for? Beat the rush to Fibre First with Pure Cloud Solutions by contacting us today for a free, no-obligation quote.