The Cisco Meraki MX is a cloud managed enterprise grade security & SD-WAN appliance. The MX range was designed for multi-sited or sporadic deployments that require remote management. It is an ideal choice for network administrators who require zero touch deployment and a state-of-the-art feature set.
MX security appliances can be configured in a matter of minutes from any location. The ongoing management of your network is done via an intuitive web-based GUI (Graphical User Interface), giving administrators complete control over their users, applications, bandwidth and activity on their network.
These security appliances offer superior firewall and network security, protecting your network and providing complete peace of mind — whatever the size of your business. The perfect solution for businesses and organisations with multiple sites, the cloud-managed MX is both simple to install and manage. The MX security appliances include the following services:
Software-defined WAN capabilities are available in the Meraki MX and this helps reduce operational costs and improve resource usage for multi-site deployments.
It allows network administrators to use available bandwidth more efficiently and ensure the highest possible level of performance for critical applications without sacrificing security or data privacy.
Make the most from the SD-WAN features:
- Set up encrypted site to site VPN’s with a few clicks. Gone are the days where complex and longwinded configuration is needed.
- Let SD-WAN choose the best path for your network traffic to ensure it’s working as efficiently as possible.
- Create policy-based routing for your network and route your data and applications as you need.
- Balance your traffic over multiple uplinks. SD-WAN will monitor the best link and route the traffic accordingly. This works well with voice traffic as VoIP is more susceptible to interference and bandwidth limitations etc.
Out of band control plane & data security
Cloud-based technologies commonly raise the question – “does my data go through the cloud?”. The short answer is no.
Cisco Meraki devices separate user traffic and network management traffic that includes configuration data, statistics, and monitoring information. This is sent to the Meraki cloud using a secure connection.
User traffic such as web browsing, internal applications, emails etc. does not flow through the cloud, instead, it flows directly to its destination across the local network (LAN) and out via the customers internet connection (WAN).
Features & Benefits:
- Layer 7 application firewall
- Content filtering
- Web search filtering
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention
- Web caching
- Intelligent WAN
- 4G failover
- Malware Protection
- High Availability
- Centralised management
- Intuitive GUI (Graphical User Interface) for simplified management
- Improved visibility
- Increased control
- Advanced security
- Zero-touch provisioning
- Robust feature-set
- Automatic updates
- Lifetime warranty
Can pure cloud help?